Cre-a-tiv-i-ty

Cre-a-tiv-i-ty (noun)
the ability to transcend traditional ideas,
rules, patterns and relationships
to create meaningful new ideas;
originality or imagination.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Stamp Envasion

I love stamps! And I love them even more when they are clear block stamps!
1) They are cheaper than wooden block stamps
2) They take up less storage space
3) You can see where you are stamping

But, when my Stampin' Up Demonstrator sells her retired collection of wooden block stamps for an extremely discounted price, I can't pass it up.

So I decided to convert my block stamps over to clear block stamps. Here is today's How To:

My collection:
Take one of your sets. Remove the stamp from the block, then remove the sticker from the block. Place the sticker on the back/wrong side of the stamp.
Cut around the stamp and remove the excess sticker. You will then need Aleene's Tack it Over and Over glue. Apply a very thin coat onto the sticker. Too much glue will pull the sticker away from the stamp when applied to the clear block.
I then placed the stamps back into the box them came in, in order to let the glue dry.
Meanwhile, I took the DVD sleeve out of an old DVD box and used it as a template to cut down cardstocks to the correct size. Once the stamps were dry, I then stamped them onto the cardstock so that I am able to see what stamps are inside each box. I also applied the sticker from the original Stampin Up box onto the spine so that I can see which stamp set it is when on the shelf. Viola!
 My collection of blocks:
Now my stamps fit nice and neat on my shelf - no bulky storage container. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment