Cre-a-tiv-i-ty

Cre-a-tiv-i-ty (noun)
the ability to transcend traditional ideas,
rules, patterns and relationships
to create meaningful new ideas;
originality or imagination.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Trash to Storage

I recently made a diaper cake for a baby shower and had a left over diaper box. I was about to throw it away until I came across this awesome tutorial! At the right time too! I was wanting to go buy some new storage for my craft room, when I discovered I already had everything I needed at home!

 First I measured the outside and cut the corners off
I used spray adhesive to attach the fabric to the box
Like the majority of my projects I use remnant pieces from JoAnns. Each time I go to JoAnns I sift through their remnants whether I'm looking for a specific project or not. I tend to go overboard, but I find the fabrics I like and then most of time have what I need on-hand when the time comes. So since I used scraps I didn't have a piece big enough to make the lining. So I used two different fabrics to create the size I needed. 
And Viola... 
Now I have the perfect storage for all my remnants =)



No comments:

Post a Comment